Jun 25, 2010

Curried Cauliflower Chickpea Tofu Salad...On A Chip

It's tofu salad on crack.  The mashed chickpeas and cauliflower provide a rich creamy texture and flavor, and the spicy kick of curry gives it a nice twist.  Serve it on a crispy pita cracker (as shown above), in a sandwich, over salad greens, or off your finger... if no one's looking.

Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower, cut into chuncks
1/2 yellow onion, cut into thirds
2 T. olive oil15 oz. can of chickpeas (or use fresh cooked if you have)
1/4 C. minced green onions

1/4 C. Vegennaise
2 T. Hot curry paste (I used Patak's) -use more or less to your liking
1/2 package firm tofu (about 7 oz.), @ 1/2" cubed salt to taste

Spinz:

Arrange cauliflower and onions on a prepared sheet pan.  Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil, then roast in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes (lightly browned and fork tender).  Pull out of the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.  


Put the veggies and all the other ingredients except tofu and green onions into a food processor, and blend until creamy with small chunks.  Transfer to a mixing bowl, and mix in the tofu and green onions. Taste and add salt if needed.  Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
 

7 comments:

  1. Yea this pretty much does look like chickpea crack. Gone wild. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tofu on crack!! Too much. Bet the curry is divine in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! This tofu salad looks very special. I love the addition of cauliflower and chickpeas. I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to find a tofu salad that I really like, but this one might fit the bill yet! The texture is usually the biggest problem for me, and it looks like you've got it covered here- Very creatively, I might add. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! It was one hell of a delicious cake.

    Damn, that salad looks so delicious. I wish I had some for breakfast right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!

    BTW, you've been Awarded. Check out Weekly Vegan Menu.

    ReplyDelete